Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Writing Circle Review 2

It was very interesting during the writing circle to hear everyone's ideas for their research project.  I started to form my idea more solidly during this time as well.  I knew that I wanted to do something related to the history of public and private schools and how their differences could be seen with my own education at a public high school and a private college.  Throughout the writing circle it became clear that I need to narrow down my subject so, although I'm not completely sure which specific topics I want to cover, I know this: I want to talk about catholic schools specifically since my experience was here at John Carroll University, I want to look into the statistics behind public high schools and private high schools to see if there is something behind the idea that more opportunities are available to those who go to a private school, and I also want to potentially look into the structure of the schools whether there is more discipline to private schools or why on average students who attend Catholic schools tend to do better on standardized tests.  Those are just some of my ideas, but I think that by doing some research this week I'll get a better idea of what information is actually out there and what I am most interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment